Why carry out pigeon control?
WHY CARRY OUT PIGEON CONTROL?
The Feral Pigeon evolved from the Rock Dove, during it’s evolution it has altered its nesting and roosting habits in line with urbanization. Whereas the Rock Dove solely resided on cliff and rock faces it is now just as happy, if not more so, on the face of a building. Ledges, sills and gutters are ideal for perching and nesting upon, and from these vantage points their surrounding environment can be monitored, discarded litter and feeding by well meaning public assure that there is a continuous food source. Consequently the Feral Pigeon population is thriving.
Unfortunately Feral Pigeons can transmit an array of diseases, they can harbour pests in their droppings and nesting materials and their droppings can damage buildings due to their acidic and corrosive nature, the droppings stain and when wet can be a slip hazard.
For further information about our Company and Services on offer please Click Here
THE MAIN REASONS TO CONTROL PIGEONS ARE:
- The law states that you must look after the welfare of your employees and those around you
- Bacteria and disease can be spread via bird droppings such as ornithosis, salmonella, e-coli and asthma can also be triggered via the dry dust
- Avian Bird Flu could potentially mutate to affect humans, the H5N1 flue strain is transmitted in bird’s feces, it has not yet been found to affect feral pigeons
- Pigeon fouling is acidic by nature, it is unsightly and can damage structures and masonry
- Pigeon droppings and nesting materials can harbour pests such as mites, fleas, flies, beetles and textile pests
- Droppings on pavements and walkways can be a slip hazard, they could result in compensation claims
- The perception of a company or building can be affected if pigeons are left to roost and foul on the outside of it, this could thus affect trade